Sunday 17 November 2013

Royal Bangkok Sports Club 7s Tournament

The last time I picked up a rugby ball was at the New York 7s, when the Mountbatten Bandits won the Social Bowl Championship. That was last November.

Fast forward to today, roughly a year ahead, and I have managed to get myself another international 7s game. This time for the Old Bangkok Bangers in the Royal Bangkok Sports Club 7s tournament. James sent a speculative email to their club captain asking if they needed any extra players. Fortunately they were short and we were able to get a game.

One of the best pitches that I have ever played on, the sun was beaming and it was a not so cool 32c. We lost our first game against the Thai Navy, but won the next two against the Thai Army and a local University. Reaching the semi finals of the plate, in the evening mist of Bangkok, our skill (and fitness) levels were matched and beaten, and we were out of the competition. Another location to add to my rugby CV though I guess.





No comments:

Post a Comment